GENETICS ?

PoincareConjecture

GENETICS ?

Post by PoincareConjecture » Sun May 13, 2018 9:35 pm

On the review video by Clara on X-linked d/o there was a question about Danielle's probability of getting color blindness, the father is affected meaning he is carrying the affected X'Y and the mother is a carrier X'X ; the question is what % Danielle is for getting the disorder, when i do the punnet square it comes out to 25% but the quiz says 50% i think that is wrong someone please review thank you.
NS_Tutor_Katelyn

Re: GENETICS ?

Post by NS_Tutor_Katelyn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:24 pm

PoincareConjecture wrote:On the review video by Clara on X-linked d/o there was a question about Danielle's probability of getting color blindness, the father is affected meaning he is carrying the affected X'Y and the mother is a carrier X'X ; the question is what % Danielle is for getting the disorder, when i do the punnet square it comes out to 25% but the quiz says 50% i think that is wrong someone please review thank you.
The quiz is correct. Danielle is female, meaning she has a 100% chance of inheriting the affected X chromosome from her father and a 50% chance of inheriting the affected X allele from her mother. Multipyling the two together gives us an overall 50% chance.
Katelyn Sawyer
Senior Tutor
katelyn@nextsteptestprep.com