Advice on Testing Schedule

Shania1298

Advice on Testing Schedule

Post by Shania1298 » Thu May 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi! I was finally able to get an MCAT date and am scheduled for June 20th at 6:30am. I have done about 6 FL exams (both NS and AAMC since I was "close" to my older test date) and am wondering which tests I should prioritize/do in my final 5-ish weeks of prep (especially with the new shortened NS FL's)!

My original plan was to start back up with the AAMC full lengths (Sample, FL 1 - FL4) until my test date, and re-do one of the AAMC FL's this weekend on my new "6:30am" start time schedule (I completed the full length early March). However, do you think it would be more beneficial to do one of the shorter FLs you all offer over repeating the AAMC FL? Also, do you think I should replace the Sample FL with one of the shorter FL's and take it closer to my date? I am conflicted on wether to prioritize AAMC since they are the test makers themselves, or prioritize the shorter FL to really get a feel for the new set up and reduced break times. Any advice would be amazing! Thanks!!!
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Re: Advice on Testing Schedule

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Fri May 15, 2020 4:25 am

I think with your volume of FLs, you'll be fine either way. The only real novelty to the shortened format is the shortened lunch break - so plan to simulate that for sure!

If you do want to take one short FL, try an NS one you haven't done yet. But 5 weeks isn't that long - so maybe get started on your AAMC FLs, so you have ample time to review the first few and get a feel for the real test. I would make it a low priority - if you have extra time and energy, go for it, squeeze a short FL in there! But if not, it sounds like you are already plenty well-prepared in terms of FLS. And AAMC material is definitely very, very important to be familiar with - it does give you the best feel for how the real test works.
Shania1298

Post by Shania1298 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:45 pm

Thank you for your advice!!! I will try to squeeze a shorter FL in there but will most definitely prioritize AAMC!
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Fri May 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Best of luck!