Mistakes in Next Step Books

abr95

Mistakes in Next Step Books

Post by abr95 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:54 pm

I have been finding mistakes in some of the Next Step Books.

-On page 152 of Biochem in Figure 4 it says phosphoenolpyruvate is changed to pyruvate using the enzyme phosphofructokinase, which is incorrect and should be pyruvate kinase.

-On page 158 "gluconeogenic enzyme fructose 6-phosphate" should be fructose 1,6-bisphophatase.

-On page 372 of the Biology book in the chapter summary it says "skeletal: voluntary (autonomic nervous system)" should be somatic, it also does this with smooth and cardiac saying "involuntary (somatic)" which should be autonomic.

-I remember reading another mistake where oxidation and reduction were mixed up in the sentence, I forgot which book and what page.

-Maybe other students can contribute to this and find any other mistakes.

This is just feed back to Next Step to hopefully fix these mistakes and any other mistakes found in the books. Although not major, these mistakes should be fixed. Otherwise, the books have been very helpful!
NS_Tutor_Will

Re: Mistakes in Next Step Books

Post by NS_Tutor_Will » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:29 am

Thanks for the feedback! We are constantly looking to make improvements to our materials and we'll be sure to include updates to these in the next edition.

For the curious, here's a link to our "change log" where we record updates/errors: https://nextsteptestprep.com/mcat-materials-change-log/

Good luck with your prep!