MCAT Content

sahmad

MCAT Content

Post by sahmad » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:50 pm

I have heard so many different things regarding content and just wanted to clear it up here. Is it better to just have one set of content books or to use a variety of content books? Do the NextStep content books have all the content I need to know for the MCAT or does it not include everything in which case I would have to supplement with something else? I am at the start of my prep and dont have to miss out on content that I need to know. I have the NS books which seem relatively thin compared to my friends TPR books.

Thanks!
NS_Tutor_Will

Re: MCAT Content

Post by NS_Tutor_Will » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks for your question!

Unfortunately, I don't necessarily think there's one answer to this question! You are basically guaranteed to see some new content on your actual test day, so there's not one set (or combination) of prep books that will cover every possible permutation of the content that could appear. That said, I think what's ultimately most important is that you pick some books to use to do your initial content review (I think ours are the best!) and then actually read them! Using the NS books as the source for your initial content review is great, but you should also be reflecting on what is going well and what isn't going well (and how content is related to that) on your practice FLs.

So, yes, any of the prep book sets are a great starting point, but none of them is a be-all end-all resource for everything that the MCAT can throw at you. You'll want to reference videos, practice questions, and any number of resources to help you learn as much as you can about both the content that'll appear on the MCAT as well as the strategies and approaches that allow you to achieve at your best on the MCAT.

Sorry there isn't a more satisfying answer but I hope this helps!