Cars qpack vol1 Q4

reina_R

Cars qpack vol1 Q4

Post by reina_R » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:24 pm

The question was asking (in my own words) how can the author clarify a statement that uses two jargony key terms?
options were: A. a dictionary answer
B.a specific example of one of the jargons
C. discussing one of the terms in relation to the creative process
or D.adding an explanatory sentence

I picked C, while the answer was B and I really don't understand why my answer is wrong. They said it's wrong because it doesn't explain the distinction between the two terms, but i feel really confused and can't make sense of the explanation. I understand why a specific example is good but not why discussion is bad.

thank you
NS_Tutor_Will

Re: Cars qpack vol1 Q4

Post by NS_Tutor_Will » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Thanks for the question!

I'm not sure which question you're referring to, because Q4 seems to be something different. I'll try to explain based on your explanation, but feel free to follow up if you're still confused.

I think the basic idea here is that option C doesn't help to clarify a term. Using an example makes the term more easily understood, while applying or discussing a term in relation to something else doesn't really help clear it up. If the two jargony terms are categorical, then giving an example would help us understand the bounds between them, as well. So, in short, an example can help to clarify the distinction between the terms while applying one term to something else wouldn't help us do that.

I hope that helps!
reina_R

Re: Cars qpack vol1 Q4

Post by reina_R » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Thank you for your response! it's Question 4 of the 3rd passage, so Q18