NS FL1 CARS Q36

NS_Tutor_Thomas

NS FL1 CARS Q36

Post by NS_Tutor_Thomas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:44 am

A student recently wrote us: "This answer is wrong in my opinion. The author seems to be countering the argument but he in no way states other art forms can use RRI. In fact 2 questions later (q38) your own explanation acknowledges that RRI is not exclusive to videogames. Thus the "counter the argument" part is correct but the rest of it is incorrect making B the best answer choice given the author discusses the differences as a way of differentiating the RRI used by videogames and other forms of visual art."

What is important for questions on the CARS passages is to determine whether the question is asking you about what the "opinion" of the author is based on the passage (q36) or whether you are being asked to answer the question based on the context of the question itself (q38). Even though the opinion of the author is paragraph 4 may be wrong, this does not mean that this paragraph is not being used to counter an argument. With that said, answer B is not correct because the author's purpose is to counter the argument that other mediums use RRI and answer B is simply supporting evidence to that argument i.e. not the main purpose of paragraph 4.

Thanks for your question. I hope this helps!