NS FL2

akziq

NS FL2

Post by akziq » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Hello,
If anyone can please help me clarify these questions, I'd appreciate it.

C/P section:
Ques 55- I understand the answer, but what difference does it make when the major blood vessel is clamped? According to Bernoulis equation, the potential energy of the fluid will increase.

B/B section:
Ques 7 - How did we conclude that only one chromosome is lost?
Ques 40 - I understand the explanation for this question, however; I did not think about the difference in structure between substrates while solving this question and even if I did, I did not know the structure of NADPH. What structures are we expected to know in general for test day? and if I come across an unfamiliar structure, what's a good way to analyze/approach it?

P/S section:
Ques 22 - I understand this question but I have a hard time remembering the difference between the different validities mentioned in the answer choices. Examples for each to help me remember them would help :
Ques 42 - For the explanations to eliminate choices C,D it states " Paragraph 4 tells us there were no major differences in decisions made by the subjects when they were threatened or safe from the electric shock" I cannot find the sentence in paragraph 4 that implies that.
NS_Tutor_Will

Re: NS FL2

Post by NS_Tutor_Will » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:53 am

Hi! I'll do my best to help out with these:

C/P:
Q55: If the major blood vessel weren't clamped, then the blood would be "pressurized" and so opening it (via cutting) would enable the blood to push out of the pipe. This would, in effect, mean that the pressure of the blood is converted to kinetic energy (spurting out of the cut). If the vessel is clamped, the energy density of the blood would be greatly reduced because you'd be separating that portion of the vessel from the rest of the system.

B/B:
Q7: We can conclude that one chromosome is lost because the Robertsonian translocation carrier has 1 normal copy of chromosome 14, 1 normal copy of chromosome 21, and one fused chromosome which includes the q arms from 14 and 21. Thus, instead of the normal karyotype of 2 of each chromosome (21 and 14), the Robertsonian translocation carrier has 2 normal copies and 1 fused copy. This means they have one fewer chromosome than a genotypically normal individual.

Q40: It's hard to give a complete list of biological molecules to have memorized, but amino acids, energy carrier molecules, sugars, and hormones are some of the most important (though certainly not all you'll want to know). I suggest you keep a notebook or a list of the compounds you come across that you needed to know to which you can use to guide your review. With this question, you can assume that two compounds like NADPH and G6P are pretty different given their very different names. NADH and NADPH are more likely to be similar. You can use that sort of reasoning to bail you out of a jam when you don't remember the differences between two compounds.

P/S:
Q22: Here is a useful website that discusses some different types of validity that you might find helpful: https://www.simplypsychology.org/validity.html

Q42: This sentence (very beginning of P4) relays the fact that decisions were stable across conditions: "In-game choices were stable across both affective contexts with high and low incidental anxiety."

I hope this is helpful and good luck!
akziq

Re: NS FL2

Post by akziq » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:41 pm

This helped! Thank you, I appreciate it. :)