Study Group for August 2018 MCAT Date

smashley

Study Group for August 2018 MCAT Date

Postby smashley » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:19 am

Hello!

I'm Ashley and I'm in Alberta, Canada. I'm a Chemistry undergraduate, so one of my strong points is Chemistry. (Hopefully looking for someone confident in Physics to help, as this is my weak point).

I'm looking to start a study group to meet once a week minimum via Skype- it would be either Tuesday or Thursday at 7pm to 9pm MST, for focused work. I was thinking we could also do some meetups on weekends, say once or twice a month to discuss specific issues and to check in at where we are in our study plans, to motivate and push each other to work hard! Weekend meets would be between 7pm and 9pm MST on Saturday night.

I'm new to organizing a group, but I will do my best to allocate group work as recommended for the study group - we would each explain a passage during the session and go through our answers. We would share our inspirations, mnemonics, and study sheets via email.

I would like this to be an active group, so that I am pushed to succeed and I can also push others to do the same!

If this sounds like a good fit to you, please let me know. Unfortunately I can't be too lenient on the times mentioned due to family and volunteer constraints.
ehrughan

Re: Study Group for August 2018 MCAT Date

Postby ehrughan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Hey! im in Montreal, QC. I wouldn't mind being study buddies, but im a NTP student. I took my prereqs a few years ago and a lot of the material needs to be relearned, with that being said, I had a fairly easy time with physics back then, but a harder time with Chem2 and O.chem. Im starting my intensive review on may 2nd and taking the test on 25th of august. If you're willing to deal with some of my handicaps when it comes to fully knowing the material, then ill gladely be able to help with physics once i get caught up on the content :)
smashley

Postby smashley » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:12 pm

We are kind of in the same boat, since I took my prereqs a few years ago as well!

Are you available Monday afternoon for a meet? We can discuss where to go from there :)
Dev

Postby Dev » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi! I'm from Toronto, and I'd love to join you two! I'm available on Monday; let me know if you're down for an online meetup!
Last edited by Dev on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smashley

Postby smashley » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:18 pm

I'm going to office hours on here between 5 and 7 MST-
I would be available any time before in the afternoon or after- although I think that's 9 your time, so I don't know if that's too late.

PM me and I'll send my Skype details :)
natashapuri

Postby natashapuri » Wed May 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Dev wrote:Hi! I'm from Toronto, and I'd love to join you two! I'm available on Monday; let me know if you're down for an online meetup!

Hey! I'm also from Toronto and would love to join a study group! Please email me: natasha.puri@nyu.edu and we can arrange something!

Return to “Find Your Study Buddy Here”