study group for MCAT August 2018

ForensicScientist

study group for MCAT August 2018

Postby ForensicScientist » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Hello,

I'm Ashley, a non-traditional applicant looking for a study group. I am taking the MCAT for the 3rd time and looking for some study partners. Below is a little bit about myself, my ideal group meeting times, my strengths and weakness, and any other random information. Have a question, please ask me. Thanks in advance yall.

Name: Ashley
Ideal Meet Time and Location: Saturdays and Sundays work best. Can also meet during the week but after 6pm. GChat group chat functions are the best for me because of their multiple user document editing features. I used to have Skype, could never get it to work.
Strengths: I taught high school chemistry for a bit so I believe I have a good basic knowledge of gen chem. Verbal reasoning is also one of my strengths.
Weaknesses: I finished undergrad before the heavy emphasis on Psych and Sociology so will need help on those. Also, physics makes me cry.
My learning style: I am a visual learner. I draw diagrams. I watch videos. I talk out loud to myself. I write notes in my books. Anything that requires me to actively commit to the material even if it means it takes more time.
jacquelinetan

Re: study group for MCAT August 2018

Postby jacquelinetan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Hey Ashley,

My name is Jacqueline. I just graduated with a BSc in biology and this will also be my 3rd time taking the MCAT. So I understand the crazy amount of time and effort you've put into this test. My test date is July 07, 2018 but there is loads of time to get good studying sessions together before then if you want!

Here's a little about me:

Occupation: Biological Research Assistant at Trinity Western University
Ideal Meet times: Weekends- better after 3pm (I am on Pacific Time)
Strengths: Biology & Biochem and anything with wet bench research science (biotechnology).
Weaknesses: CARS and general chemistry
My learning style: visual. I'm a really hands-on learner and I love to work through problems together in a non-judgmental environment where we can spitball ideas back and forth. I'm very detail oriented and learn better when everything is brought together in a bigger picture at the end of the day.

Let me know if you're interested in meeting sometime :)

Thanks!
Jacqueline
sram18

Postby sram18 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:28 am

Hi! My name is Swathi and I'm also a non-traditional applicant and am interested in joining a study group that's target test date is 2018 late summer. I work a full time job so weekends and weekdays after 4pm work best for me. I like both suggestions of study styles as they are varied and I think that's the best way to learn. Please let me know if you'd like to start studying in the near future!
hjasani

Postby hjasani » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:01 am

Hi guys,

My name is Hardika and I reside in Canada (probably the only one on here :( ) . Anyway, not sure if you guys are still looking but I would love to be a part of an online/skype study group since I can't do meetups in person. I'm planning on taking the MCAT early August but I also have a full time job at the moment as a nurse so my schedule does vary but I'd love to sit in on some skype sessions with you guys whenever possible!
hjasani

Postby hjasani » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:11 am

jacquelinetan wrote:Hey Ashley,

My name is Jacqueline. I just graduated with a BSc in biology and this will also be my 3rd time taking the MCAT. So I understand the crazy amount of time and effort you've put into this test. My test date is July 07, 2018 but there is loads of time to get good studying sessions together before then if you want!

Here's a little about me:

Occupation: Biological Research Assistant at Trinity Western University
Ideal Meet times: Weekends- better after 3pm (I am on Pacific Time)
Strengths: Biology & Biochem and anything with wet bench research science (biotechnology).
Weaknesses: CARS and general chemistry
My learning style: visual. I'm a really hands-on learner and I love to work through problems together in a non-judgmental environment where we can spitball ideas back and forth. I'm very detail oriented and learn better when everything is brought together in a bigger picture at the end of the day.

Let me know if you're interested in meeting sometime :)

Thanks!
Jacqueline

Hey Jacqueline! I found a Canadian, yay! . I reside in Toronto so I'm not sure how these meetups would work but would you be interested in doing skype sessions??
hjasani

Postby hjasani » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:11 pm

ForensicScientist wrote:Hello,

I'm Ashley, a non-traditional applicant looking for a study group. I am taking the MCAT for the 3rd time and looking for some study partners. Below is a little bit about myself, my ideal group meeting times, my strengths and weakness, and any other random information. Have a question, please ask me. Thanks in advance yall.

Name: Ashley
Ideal Meet Time and Location: Saturdays and Sundays work best. Can also meet during the week but after 6pm. GChat group chat functions are the best for me because of their multiple user document editing features. I used to have Skype, could never get it to work.
Strengths: I taught high school chemistry for a bit so I believe I have a good basic knowledge of gen chem. Verbal reasoning is also one of my strengths.
Weaknesses: I finished undergrad before the heavy emphasis on Psych and Sociology so will need help on those. Also, physics makes me cry.
My learning style: I am a visual learner. I draw diagrams. I watch videos. I talk out loud to myself. I write notes in my books. Anything that requires me to actively commit to the material even if it means it takes more time.

Hey Ashley!

My name is Hardika and I am also looking to write the MCAT this august. Not sure if you guys are planning on doing online study groups or in-person meets, but if you are doing online study groups, I'd be interested! If you have a spot, let me know :). I am also writing the MCAT for the third time :( lol.
smashley

Postby smashley » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Hello!
I'm Ashley and I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

I'm a Chemistry undergrad, although I've taken my premed courses already in addition to my coursework.

I'm available evenings and weekends as well.

My strengths are Chemistry and CARS. My weaknesses are Biochem and Physics. I'm able to Skype, chat, or whatever.

Are you still accepting people in your study group?
Have you decided how to structure it?

Good to meet everyone !
emmab

Postby emmab » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Hey guys! I'm an engineer with a decent handle on physics but a bit rusty on other topics. Need help in Bio and looking for a study group! Test date is in august AND I'm from canada...

I'm pretty flexible in so far as schedule.

Emma
emma.bedard@gmail.com

Return to “Find Your Study Buddy Here”