ERRORS IN LESSONS AND BOOKS

cfgreen30

ERRORS IN LESSONS AND BOOKS

Post by cfgreen30 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:01 pm

I am just starting the course and have already found many errors. I am upset. I paid a lot of money for this course and I feel like your team does not edit their books or videos efficiently. Here are some errors I have found so far. Is there a master list of errors at least? So I know what to watch out for.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 6.56.20 PM.png
theoretical yield should be 3.33, it takes 2 moles h2o to make 2 mole H, in the equation they put in 1molH/2molH2O
(66.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 6.57.03 PM.png
There was no question 6, explanation broken up into 2 numbers
(45.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 6.54.48 PM.png
100C is 373K
(16.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MCAT_Retaker

Re: ERRORS IN LESSONS AND BOOKS

Post by MCAT_Retaker » Tue May 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Half of my posts on here are on mistakes I have also found :/.

Just found another mistake. On page 152 of the Biochem book, the enzyme used to convert PEP to Pyruvate is not phosphofructokinase.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Wed May 23, 2018 8:50 am

Thanks for letting us know. I'll be sure to pass along all of your feedback so we can update as promptly as possible. I'll send you a private message to follow up as well.
jzwerling

Post by jzwerling » Wed May 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Unfortunately, I agree with this and it is confusing me while I study. Is there a master list of the mistakes? It would be helpful if your team could consolidate them because I have found a bunch too and it is delaying my progress studying. This course was a lot of money and I hope it was not a waste.
Thank you
NS_Tutor_Katelyn

Post by NS_Tutor_Katelyn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:17 pm

jzwerling wrote:Unfortunately, I agree with this and it is confusing me while I study. Is there a master list of the mistakes? It would be helpful if your team could consolidate them because I have found a bunch too and it is delaying my progress studying. This course was a lot of money and I hope it was not a waste.
Thank you
Thank you for sharing your concern. We don’t maintain any sort of “master list,” primarily because we try to fix any mistakes we find as soon as possible. We are confident that, while our works aren’t perfect, they are the best resources available to prepare for the MCAT, so I feel safe saying that you aren’t wasting your time. Please feel free to share with us any thing you find that you believe may be a mistake, as often times those are either tech issues (i.e. an issue with a book printer or a computer loading an exam) or simply misunderstandings on the part of the student seeing the question.
Katelyn Sawyer
Senior Tutor
katelyn@nextsteptestprep.com