MCAT Materials Updates: November 2017

NS_Tutor_Clara

MCAT Materials Updates: November 2017

Postby NS_Tutor_Clara » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi everyone!

I am excited to announce some updates to our MCAT materials - in particular, our books and study plan generator. While we were very proud of these resources before, we aim to constantly build upon our prep materials, which is exactly what we have done with this update.

MCAT BOOKS

Previously, our staple Next Step book sets were our Content Review and Strategy & Practice series. These series contained four books each (for a total of eight) and separated the processes of content review and MCAT-style passage/reasoning practice. With our recent update, we have combined these series into a single book set: our new 6-book MCAT Review set.

The MCAT Review volumes are as follows: "Biology," "Biochemistry," "Chemistry and Organic Chemistry," "Physics," "Psychology and Sociology," and "Verbal, Quantitative, and Research Methods." Each science volume contains one passage and a set of discretes after each chapter, where the passage and discretes are relevant to the topics covered. In this way, you can test your understanding of the chapter material with MCAT-style practice right away. Our MCAT Review books were written and edited by the very same top instructors who teach our online MCAT course.

STUDY PLAN GENERATOR

Simultaneously with these new books, we also released a new version of our cutting-edge MCAT Study Planning Tool (SPT). Our previous SPT was already unique among MCAT companies as a resource offered with an MCAT course, but we made several updates in response to student feedback. Additionally, the updated SPT is aligned to the new MCAT book set. Note that, unlike before, we are now offering access to the study plan generator to all students - so even if you are not an MCAT course student, try building your own plan today. (You just won't be able to click the links in the plan that direct to all of the MCAT course resources.)

For current MCAT course students, we chose to provide access to both the new books (in the form of computer-based ebooks) and the new study planning tool - instead of restricting these resources to new students only. However, this does not mean that you should interrupt your prep just for the sake of using these resources. In fact, if you have been working through the prior study plan and books for a few weeks or more, we strongly recommend continuing to do so as usual. In essence, then, the new resources are just a bonus that you can use or not use at your convenience.

If you have any questions about these updates or any other aspect of your prep, please let me know or email us anytime at mcat@nextsteptestprep.com.

Good luck :)
jrashaad

Re: MCAT Materials Updates: November 2017

Postby jrashaad » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Where can the new ebooks be found? Under books I just see copies of the new vs. old lesson books.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 am

There is a link sent about the updated e-books which I clicked but I have not received a follow-up email. Is the link working and also will we receive the hard-copy of the updated books?

Is it easier for me to follow in the hard-copy verison than the ebook.

Thank you,

Best,

Sandy
jrashaad

Postby jrashaad » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:56 am

From what I gather there are no hard copies of the new books.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:05 pm

jrashaad wrote:From what I gather there are no hard copies of the new books.

Oh k :( Maybe they will eventually print them. Were you able to download the new ebooks?
jrashaad

Postby jrashaad » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:43 pm

No I wasn't able to. Did that come as an email? I looked through my email I don't see that message. What was the subject line, if you remember?
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:50 pm

"MCAT Course Updates" was the subject. I can forward it to you if you like? What is your email? or I can forward it here...I am not sure. I am new to the forum and course.
jrashaad

Postby jrashaad » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Sandy,

Yes, can you send me that link to jrashaad.richardson@gmail.com. I was hoping someone from the team would have gotten on by now and addressed some of these questions but I guess they're all on holiday still.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Email Sent!! Email them directly. I emailed about the books. Someone responded but I am still waiting on a reply about the ebook links since the original link doesn't seem to work.
jrashaad

Postby jrashaad » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Yes, I will email them and ask why I never received that e-mail. Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion & FAQ”