CARS Score

emmadifiore

CARS Score

Post by emmadifiore » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi! So I've done timed CARS passages in the past but never multiple in a row. Today I gave myself 30 minutes to complete 3 passages and scored 52%. Is that a good start? I noticed I did the worst on the last passage...maybe an endurance problem or time-management problem? I did run out of time on the very last question which, after reviewing, I would have 100% gotten right if I did not run out of time. I know doing multiple passages timed/full-lengths will help increase my score I guess I just want comfort in knowing if the initial score of 52% is good or bad...if that makes sense? Haha
NS_Tutor_Katelyn

Re: CARS Score

Post by NS_Tutor_Katelyn » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm

emmadifiore wrote:Hi! So I've done timed CARS passages in the past but never multiple in a row. Today I gave myself 30 minutes to complete 3 passages and scored 52%. Is that a good start? I noticed I did the worst on the last passage...maybe an endurance problem or time-management problem? I did run out of time on the very last question which, after reviewing, I would have 100% gotten right if I did not run out of time. I know doing multiple passages timed/full-lengths will help increase my score I guess I just want comfort in knowing if the initial score of 52% is good or bad...if that makes sense? Haha
52% is a totally fine place to start out at! Your best bet to continue pushing up your score is to do regular, timed practice, especially full timed sections.

Good luck!

-Kate
Katelyn Sawyer
Senior Tutor
katelyn@nextsteptestprep.com