Science Diagnostic physics query

aru

Science Diagnostic physics query

Post by aru » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:12 am

Hi,
I was going over through my science diagnostic exam and I am having trouble in one physics question. Can you please work this problem out for me. Also can you go over briefly through the concept of specific gravity and its shortcut.
A cube-shaped package is accidently dropped off a ship into the underlying water. The package has a dimension of √2 m as the diagonal length on each face, and floats in the 40°C water with 0.4 m of its height remaining above the surface. What is the specific gravity of the package?
NS_Tutor_Katelyn

Re: Science Diagnostic physics query

Post by NS_Tutor_Katelyn » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:55 pm

aru wrote:Hi,
I was going over through my science diagnostic exam and I am having trouble in one physics question. Can you please work this problem out for me. Also can you go over briefly through the concept of specific gravity and its shortcut.
A cube-shaped package is accidently dropped off a ship into the underlying water. The package has a dimension of √2 m as the diagonal length on each face, and floats in the 40°C water with 0.4 m of its height remaining above the surface. What is the specific gravity of the package?
Can you clarify for us what you found difficult or hard to understand about that question?
Katelyn Sawyer
Senior Tutor
katelyn@nextsteptestprep.com