CARS Section 7 Question #11

dtha9180

CARS Section 7 Question #11

Postby dtha9180 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:28 pm

For this question, why is avarice a better answer than indignation? From my reading, avarice and indignation both sounded appropriate for passions that are universal and steady. Furthermore, the passage read "avarice in the rich," so I wasn't sure how to interpret that. The author's opinion suggests it would be avarice in the poor of the rich. Maybe I have misread, but please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
NS_Tutor_Katelyn

Re: CARS Section 7 Question #11

Postby NS_Tutor_Katelyn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:41 pm

dtha9180 wrote:For this question, why is avarice a better answer than indignation? From my reading, avarice and indignation both sounded appropriate for passions that are universal and steady. Furthermore, the passage read "avarice in the rich," so I wasn't sure how to interpret that. The author's opinion suggests it would be avarice in the poor of the rich. Maybe I have misread, but please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

The passage stats that “ambition and avarice” are “far more steady and universal.” Avarice is specifically referred to as a steady and universal passion, while indignation is not. Our reasoning for the CARS section should always be as directly rooted in the passage as possible. Let me know if that helps!

-Kate
Katelyn Sawyer
Senior Tutor
katelyn@nextsteptestprep.com

Return to “Post your questions here about Next Step's MCAT books”