Holiday junctions and other content not in chapters

nmannet

Holiday junctions and other content not in chapters

Post by nmannet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:21 pm

I was wondering about the new content that comes up in practice passages at the end of chapters. I noticed a lot of related topics never mentioned in the chapters come up in passages. For example, Molecular Orbital Theory, Holiday Junctions or even equations that were never mentioned in the chapter. Can we assume that anything not covered in the chapter is not explicitly tested on the MCAT? If it comes up in passages is it simply a "good to be aware of" fact rather than something we need to concentrate on memorizing?

I just want to make sure I'm not wasting time trying to thoroughly understand topics that are not high yield or not officially on the MCAT.

Thanks!
NS_Tutor_Katelyn

Re: Holiday junctions and other content not in chapters

Post by NS_Tutor_Katelyn » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:56 pm

nmannet wrote:I was wondering about the new content that comes up in practice passages at the end of chapters. I noticed a lot of related topics never mentioned in the chapters come up in passages. For example, Molecular Orbital Theory, Holiday Junctions or even equations that were never mentioned in the chapter. Can we assume that anything not covered in the chapter is not explicitly tested on the MCAT? If it comes up in passages is it simply a "good to be aware of" fact rather than something we need to concentrate on memorizing?

I just want to make sure I'm not wasting time trying to thoroughly understand topics that are not high yield or not officially on the MCAT.

Thanks!
You're not wasting your time, those are definitely good things to be familiar with for the MCAT.
Katelyn Sawyer
Senior Tutor
katelyn@nextsteptestprep.com