Next Step Strategy and Practice

TUB76

Next Step Strategy and Practice

Post by TUB76 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:03 am

I see that our study plan consist of " Read Blank Chapter in Blank book" but does the study plan not incorporate the strategy and practice book? Such as " complete Blank chapter in blank strategy and practice book". Are we suppose to do that as we please?
NS_Tutor_Will

Re: Next Step Strategy and Practice

Post by NS_Tutor_Will » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:33 am

Yes, you can take a look at that as is helpful. I usually recommend that my students leaf through it every now and then and read portions of it that feel relevant and useful. Don't worry about reading it cover to cover, but anything that seems like it would help you out you should definitely read!
TUB76

Post by TUB76 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:17 pm

I'm somewhat confused by the response. Are you refrencing to the content review book and read portions that we are weak on? My question was more on those practice books ( blue books), are those slated into our study plans in the MCAT course?
NS_Tutor_Will

Post by NS_Tutor_Will » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Oh, I see what you are asking. Sorry for the confusion!

Here's some information about the books that I think you're referencing:
November 2017 Updates to Next Step Books

As of November 2017, we have combined our Content Review and Strategy and Practice series into a single six-book set. This book set is titled our "MCAT Review" series and contains both content and practice (in the form of discretes and passages). We did this in an effort to make our books more manageable while also combining content and strategy in the same place - just as you'll need to do for the MCAT.

The MCAT Review volumes are as follows: "Biology," "Biochemistry," "Chemistry and Organic Chemistry," "Physics," "Psychology and Sociology," and "Verbal, Quantitative, and Research Methods." Each science volume contains one passage and a set of discretes after each chapter, where the passage and discretes are relevant to the topics covered. In this way, you can test your understanding of the chapter material with MCAT-style practice right away.

Note that if you were an existing student of our online MCAT Course at the time of this update, or if you were an existing Next Step tutoring student, you have the option to receive digital versions of these new books, free of charge. However, if you are already well into your prep using the previous book sets, we recommend continuing to prep as planned, since interrupting your prep to switch to an entirely different set of content books may be disorienting (and unnecessary).

More on that here: http://forum-mcat.nextsteptestprep.com/ ... 4aa3cccfdd

So, I'd say that the strategy and practice books should be used in tandem with the content review books, but I wouldn't expect them to be included as assignments in the MCAT course. You can still do them, they just are combined into a single set of books now.

Does that make sense?