NS FL3 CARS Q6

Amber9

NS FL3 CARS Q6

Post by Amber9 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm not sure how the solutions got to "CDPH shaped their particular proposal to fit the overarching goals of a much larger program". I thought when the passage states "through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act" it meant that the act helped incorporate the proposal leading me to answer B.

Thanks!
NS_Tutor_Mathias

Re: NS FL3 CARS Q6

Post by NS_Tutor_Mathias » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:55 pm

The idea is that the ARRA is a larger act that sets guidelines and goals on a much grander scale (a national scale - it is a act in response to the 2008/2009 crisis), and that the HiAP falls under these guidelines but represents only a very small contribution - that is, America won't significantly change by making Californians thinner and have better access to gyms and less grimy 24 hour locales, but despite being a minuscule contribution, it is a positive contribution none-the-less. So the analogy is totally feasible: A hitchhiker that just pays for gas is ignoring wear and tear on the car, space taken up, equipment being hauled, food, lodging and camping and any other costs that accrue - and the phrase "chip in" suggests he or she is even only paying a fraction of the gas cost.

And similarly, the traveling couple has a physical goal and destination in common with the hitchhiker - much the way that the ARRA has a goal in common with HiAP.