FL 6 CP, Q18 & 27

medkid19

FL 6 CP, Q18 & 27

Post by medkid19 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:55 pm

I can't find forums anywhere that talk about FL6 so any help would be appreciated!

Q18: I get that to get Ag (s) you need to use the reaction in the table (Ag+ + e- → Ag) but I don't understand why that means you need to oxidize glucose?

Q27: I might be missing something but the answer explanation didn't write out any equations. I was thinking P = Pº + rho*g*h and then also using conservation of energy mgh = 1/2mv^2 but am a little unclear as to exactly why pressure in the leg is higher?

Thanks!!

P.S.
Also just wondering if there is a spelling error on Q5 of this section. I think it was supposed to say CoQ in the answer choices, not CoQ10? Could someone affirm please?
NS_Tutor_Alex

Re: FL 6 CP, Q18 & 27

Post by NS_Tutor_Alex » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi medkid19,

Thank you for the questions. Regarding question 18: The question stem states that glucose and silver are together in an isolated container. Thus, glucose is the only source of electrons that could be used to reduce the silver. As the reducer, glucose must be getting oxidized.

Q27: The key to this question is identifying what is the source of the pressure or in other words, what is the force over the area referring to. The force here will be gravitational force acting on the mass of the blood that exists above the leg (the upper body/head essentially).

Great attention to detail fro number 5! This is not a typo, as CoQ is an abbreviation of CoQ10 when referring to eukaryotes. That 10 simply refers to the number of isoprenyl sub units there are. There are multiple homologs of CoQ10, all of which can be abbreviated as CoQ.

Hope that helps!

Alex
medkid19

Re: FL 6 CP, Q18 & 27

Post by medkid19 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Wow, thanks so much!!